Friday, June 13, 2014

Having a Learning Disability

Learning Disabilities are not fun to have.  During my recent classes I have seen several videos about people with Learning Disabilities that have made me cry for the simple fact that not only is that me now, but that was me when I was in school.  Along the way Mom also found a video about Social Anxiety Disorder, which I also have been struggling with over the past 3 decades.  I must admit that I have made so much improvement over the past few years.

This Video is a serious of 13 videos showing what it's like for a person with a learning disability in a "normal" classroom and is about an hour long.

This Video is about Social Anxiety disorder and is about an hour.

I have to admit that having both (plus chronic pain) has not always been easy to deal with, but knowledge is half the battle.  As I find more I'll post them because I want people to know what it's like for me; the stress, anxiety, fear.  I may not be afraid to go to the store anymore bu I still have a long way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment